We respect your privacy and do not rent, sell, exchange or otherwise share your contact information. RVF takes your privacy very seriously and cares about how your information is collected, used, stored, and shared. We are providing this Privacy Statement to explain our practices and the choices that you can make about the way your information is used.
By providing Personal Information to RVF, you agree to this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect Personal Information including name, email address, postal address, phone number, profile picture, social media ID, and similar contact information and credit card or other payment information. If you choose to provide your payment or credit card information to RVF, we will use that information only for the purposes for which it was provided.
If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How We May Collect Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information you provide to us over the phone, in email, through a face-to-face conversation, or through online and offline forms such as e-newsletters, surveys and donation forms.
We may collect information from social media platforms used by you or people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms.
How RVF Uses Personal Information
- Send you information regarding RVF.
- Process and respond to inquiries and for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to process donations, register or renew you as a donor or supporter, or receive information about a project, special event, and service.
- Personalize the content, improve the navigability of RVF services, and customize your experience.
- Respond to your questions and comments.
- Alert you to administrative information such as information regarding the Services’ features, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Analyze data, usage trend identification, promotional campaign development, audit, fraud monitoring or prevention, new product or service development, enhancement, interaction improvement, or operating and expansion purposes.
- Protect the security or integrity of RVF, such as by protecting against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Use credit card information only for the purpose for which it was provided.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Other Uses and Disclosures
- Pursuant to Legal Requirements: For disclosure purposes as necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence.
- To Protect Our Website and Users: We will disclose your information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our organization, our employees, our Site users or others; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
Other Information We May Collect
- We may collect information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
How We Protect Information
RVF uses appropriate and reasonable organizational, electronic, physical, administrative, and
technical measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure. We take these and other appropriate precautions to help ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of customer information; however, no transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your use of the Services or engagement with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us as described in the “Questions/Contact Information” section below.
How You Can Control Collection and Use of Your Information
- Marketing Email Opt Out: You may, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving marketing-related emails by following the opt-out procedures at the bottom of our emails.
- Accessing, Modifying, Updating, and Deleting Your Information: We strive to keep our records as accurate as possible. You may, under applicable laws, have a right to access, correct, modify, or request the deletion of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us at any time.
1776 K ST NW, 7th floor
Washington, DC 20006 USA
Please do not include any sensitive personal information in your emails to us as email communications are not always secure.